Thursday, June 28, 2007

planting seeds

It's happening more and more now. When we ask, we do receive. When we wonder where the money is going to come from, a check comes in the mail. In any case, there is a feeling that we are provided for, that things will work out.

And perhaps these gifts had always been there. Perhaps we are getting better at seeing the things we asked for or perhaps we are getting better at capitalizing at opportunities where before we didn't barely budge. Or maybe without noticing, we're doing more and more little things, planting seeds for prosperity as it were, that create more opportunities down the line.

For instance, today we started on a plan to buy out my father's share from a rental we own. We haven't had much luck renting so it's been pretty expensive. We were eventually going to buy him out and this way we can do it in 3-4 years. But then I wonder, where are we going to get the money? Then when I get home, a letter comes in saying that my husband's 401K plan will be reducing its fees by .15%. It doesn't seem like much, but he has over $40K in those funds and a fraction of a percent adds up. And then I get another new student for a class I'm going to start.

I've always like the book, "Shoeless Joe" on which the movie the Field of Dreams was based on. At one point in the movie the brother-in-law cannot see the players on the field, and thinks they are staring at an empty lot. But then something happens to the daughter and one of the players must leave the field to become the doctor he would become in life in order to help her. All of a sudden the brother-in-law sees it all right there in front of him, the players, the game.

What we see, what we're able to do isn't necessarily about where we are as it is more about what we allow ourselves to see. I cannot be prosperous if I do not see prosperity right now in my life, if I cannot see the goodness of life. And when I do, everything about the world changes.

No comments: