Growing up our parents were rather strict. We didn't go anywhere. We went to school and back. We didn't go over to the neighbor's house to play with the other kids. So, whenever my parents said, ok get the in car, let's go. We never complained, didn't dally, because we didn't want to get left and going somewhere even to the grocery store meant seeing something new.
So when our Cruise Director said get and go, I could remember the excitement of getting into a car and looking forward to what we'll see and where we'll go. I love to travel. I love travelling even in my own backyard if it means we see streets and neighborhoods I never knew about. Whenever my husband and I get lost, instead of feeling bad about being lost, we declare, "Adventure! Adventure!" Plus, I'm not driving, whoo-hoo!, even better!
We tried to remember and tell jokes, but few of us were good at remembering a good joke. Thus the conversation went to any good movies people might have seen.
We drive of course to the Cruise Director's favorite places, Starbucks. Time to get to work.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment